Publication: 1 mei 2021
Feasibility study hydrogen community ZO-Brabant
The goal of this project is to start a hydrogen community that accelerates the development of hydrogen technology by involving the entire value chain. To achieve this goal, an exploratory study has been launched. Among other things, the study will provide insight into:
- which companies are active in the hydrogen domain
- what needs these companies have in terms of technology, manpower, test sites, development partners, legislation, safety, financing, etc.
- which concrete projects we can develop and land within the region
If we want to capitalize on regional opportunities, it is necessary for the region to organize itself and connected to the other regional, (inter)national communities. This can be done by bringing innovations from knowledge centers and startups to the market at a faster pace and by jointly converting vision and strategy documents into concrete actions (development of new technologies).
To give meaning, the project partners want to form, together with the (inter)regional stakeholders, a hydrogen community to address the former said weaknesses and seize their (regional) opportunities. By accelerating the hydrogen technology within the cross-organizational, perennial R&D-roadmaps that involve the entire value chain.
It will begin with an exploratory study (feasibility study Hydrogen Community South-East Netherlands) in which the following questions will be answered:
- Which companies are active within the hydrogen domain or want to become active and what needs do these companies have (technology, labor force, test locations, development partners, legislation, safety, funding etc.)?
- In what way can we meet these needs by the companies within the various partnerships, testing grounds, living labs and other infrastructure known in the region?
- Which concrete projects (including consortia) can be developed and landed within the region?
- In what manner are we going to collaborate and how can we perpetuate the community?
The intended project result is a hydrogen community which:
- Will land as a community in the South-East of the province of Brabant (Metalot Future Energy Lab)
- Via a confrontation matrix joint needs are identified (educations, employees, experimental environment, financing, legislation, safety etc.)
- Have defined concrete (public financed) projects together to build a new hydrogen technology and products.
- Have set up a sustainable partnership with regard to IP, governance and financing.
This project is made possible by the contribution of the Stimulus fund Metropoolregio Eindhoven and the provincial subsidy scheme Economics and Innovation.
- Brainport Development
- Brainport Industries
- Croonwolter&Dros TBI
- Metalot (Future Energy Lab)
- Stimulus fund MRE
- Team SOLID
- The Future
- TU/e Bouwkunde
- TU/e Eires
- Weert Energie